Sunday, 20 November 2016

1969-01-23 Jimi Hendrix Berlin [FD Cleanup]

















1. Intro
2. Fire
3. Hey Joe
4. Spanish Castle Magic
5. Foxy Lady
6. Red House
7. Come On (Pt 1) - end patched with ATM 150
8. Sunshine Of Your Love
9. Purple Haze

Lineage (Torrent Tony Brown Tape) FLAC > Adobe Audition 3 (NR, EQ, Comp, Speed Correction) > FLAC



Link to Updated Version

14 comments:

  1. No problem - Berlin is a pretty good quality tape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. One of my favorite performances of SCM: due to mic issues, Hendrix solos through one of the verses. Brilliant

      Delete
  2. No problem - Berlin is a pretty good quality tape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is quite a key change between the ATM version and yours? Is yours a bit fast perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Y'know, he's right. It does run a tad fast. This was sourced from the Tony Brown tape, right? I thought it was already speed corrected. Weird

    http://crosstowntorrents.org/showthread.php?6438-The-Jimi-Hendrix-Experience-1969-1-23-Berlin-RAW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently only the Backstage Chat was speed corrected, not the show proper. Seems the source tape runs fast compared to ATM 150

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. In regard to speed - I was going to speed correct it but wasn't entirely sure about the actual tuning - the beginning of Tony Brown tape is roughly in D tuning like ATM 150 - but the tape seems to speed up - Come On for example does sound fast - and it looks like the tape has gradually sped up a semitone (Come On should be in D in D tuning but is now in Eb.
      If in doubt though I tend to leave it...which is what I did. OK I will fix this...
      Schmitty is correct it is only the interview that was speed corrected.
      Some of these shows I am posting here as trials before I post over at CTT so it is great getting feedback.

      Delete
    4. Have now uploaded speed corrected version - matches ATM. Patched end of Come On too. Thanks for heads up.

      Delete
    5. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete