Monday, 19 December 2016

1969-01-17 Jimi Hendrix - Frankfurt [FD Cleanup]




















01 - Intro (merged a tiny bit of other tape missing off boot)
02 - Come On (Part One) * - zip file has wrong version make sure to substitute. Sorry!
03 - Fire
04 - Red House
05 - I Don't Live Today
06 - Little Wing
07 - Foxy Lady
08 - Sunshine Of Your Love
09 - Hey Joe
10 - Purple Haze
11 - Voodoo Child


Bonus:

12 - Come On Part 1 [2 Source Merge]
13 - Red House [2 Source Merge]
14 - I Don't Live Today [2 Source Merge]
15 - Little Wing [2 Source Merge]

Lineage (1st Source only) Burning in Frankfurt CD > FLAC> Adobe Audition (NR, EQ, Comp) >FLAC

Merges (1st source? Don't know but FLAC) (2nd Source - MP3 sourced FLAC distributed) > Adobe Audition (NR, EQ, Comp, Edit, Merge) > FLAC

Notes:

The second source of this show only runs to Foxy Lady - is a mic dub, and is only available as a compressed file. Given Frankfurt sounded a bit flat I thought I'd merge what was available - but had some issues - one, the version of the 1st Source I was using was not the same as the Burning in Frankfurt one, and I didn't know where I got it from? It was also fake stereo - so I went back to the old bootleg and cleaned that up and just added some of the merge experiments as a bonus. Voodoo Child came from this mystery tape...as it is not on the boot.

The merges didn't sound quite like I wanted them to anyway. Unlike panning direct L/R which leaves some room to move, mixing the tracks together - to fill the numerous dropouts - means that they have to be dead on, or it sounds pretty crap. Because the 2nd source mic dub had extraneous noise throughout I chopped all of the creaks and cracks and bangs out and then remixed...wasn't perhaps as accurate as I would have liked, so I didn't bother any further...

Link

Link - Direct substitute file for 02 - Come On Pt 1 - Please replace with this one...I accidentally put the wrong uncleaned version in zip file!  

2 comments:

  1. The Voodoo Child from the 'Come on and Get Live Bootleg' is a lot clearer sounding than what you used. Thanks though, love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Austin - great - thanks for that, I will have to check to see if I have it, and I will update accordingly - this is why I have been posting stuff to the site - to try and get things straightened out - really appreciate you taking the time.

    ReplyDelete