Friday, 24 February 2017

1968-05-10 Jimi Hendrix - Fillmore East (2nd Show) [FD Cleanup/Speed Correction]





















01 - Lover Man
02 - Fire
03 - Foxy Lady
04 - Red House
05 - Hey Joe
06 - Sunshine of Your Love
07 - Hear My Train A Comin'
08 - Please Crawl Out Your Window
09 - Purple Haze
10 - Wild Thing (fragment)

Lineage ATM093 FLAC > Adobe Audition (EQ, Comp, Speed Correction) > FLAC

As this was a good quality tape, I didn't go overboard with the EQing etc, but ATM093 source had speed issues. The first three tracks are fine (Eb tuning) but Red House slows down (can be easily heard near the end of the track on raw source) - that got corrected up to Bb, but then after Red House slow down, the tape speeds up almost a semi-tone - so the songs after Red House were checked to make sure it was Eb tuning all the way. Sounds right now.

ATM093 has only a fragment of Wild Thing - I couldn't find a longer version in the "archives" - if anyone has it - would be much obliged.


Link 

8 comments:

  1. No way!!! All this & the Fillmore 68 too!! I was just jamming out to the Stones Hyde Park 'Sympathy'- bet Mick wanted to cut it off but Keith & Taylor were in a groove!! Hope you work your magic on more 70s shows like you had on YT - he was playin the best guitar of his life then - espec that Euro tour - wish you would do some personal faves like that Izabella/MG from Cavett-I got it in the 70's from a guy who taped it off tv,plus some 'Gimme Shelter' film tracks, espec the ending Altamont 'Gimme' when Bill booms out his bass! 'Tell me baby,what's your name??' U rock,Funky!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey JDJ! Thanks as always...pity Hyde Park show is out of tune...summer sun...but it has its charms. You do know that Izabella/MG on Cavett show was officially released on DVD? I also dig the Altamont Gimme Shelter...but I have to be in the mood to do Stones - I am always in a Jimi mood though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. An upgrade is available: Thank You! And I Just Blew Another Amp! FTO 011. Also includes a longer version of Wild Thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://crosstowntorrents.org/showthread.php?275-Thank-You-and-I-Just-Blew-Another-Amp!-Flac-Art

      Delete
    2. OK - I had better check that out - appreciate your insights!

      Delete
  4. In fact I've got that Cavett dvd, & most Jimi dvds - I've been waiting to get my Criterion Collection 'Gimme' w/ the great audio - gonna try that WinX DVD Ripper in desperation, used it before & it was ok,not as good as your magic touch - gonna get Nero soon but that would just be a direct transfer, not like your upgrades - also on wish list, I heard once a HOT Voodoo Chile from I think the Dusty Springfield show on YT, can't find it there anymore (but got it w/ 'Anything To MP3' on the net)- be cool even to get 'Mockingbird!' 'Bird,baby!!'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you've been OK!! Check almost everyday to see if you posted anything new! I thot maybe Janie deleted YOU instead of your blog!!

    ReplyDelete