01 Lover Man
02 Hear My Train
03 Fire
04 Red House (end cut)
05 I Don't Live Today (start cut)
06 Foxy lady
07 Purple haze
08 Spanish castle magic
09 Voodoo child (slight return) (drop-out at 4.49, end cut)
10 Fire (RAW for comparison)
Lineage: ATM 125 FLAC > Adobe Audition 3 (NR, EQ, Comp, Click Editing) > FLAC
OK before we begin this tape is considered to be POOR. Was a real challenge to "clean up" - it is still pretty crappy - despite the time spent trying to resurrect it. Listen to the RAW source [included] and you will see what I was up against. Once the noise was cleaned other limitations became apparent - like fluctuating volume levels and strange clicks - so once they were edited I had to compress to even it out as much as possible. I had spent hours manually cutting out clicks, and then decided I wanted to do it again...I cut out the worst ones...a few remain...
Anyway, it is with the very poorest tapes that you learn the most...
Not the best listen in the world, but I try to clean the very worst...and this is another tape that was never going to sound great...
Link
03 Fire
04 Red House (end cut)
05 I Don't Live Today (start cut)
06 Foxy lady
07 Purple haze
08 Spanish castle magic
09 Voodoo child (slight return) (drop-out at 4.49, end cut)
10 Fire (RAW for comparison)
Lineage: ATM 125 FLAC > Adobe Audition 3 (NR, EQ, Comp, Click Editing) > FLAC
OK before we begin this tape is considered to be POOR. Was a real challenge to "clean up" - it is still pretty crappy - despite the time spent trying to resurrect it. Listen to the RAW source [included] and you will see what I was up against. Once the noise was cleaned other limitations became apparent - like fluctuating volume levels and strange clicks - so once they were edited I had to compress to even it out as much as possible. I had spent hours manually cutting out clicks, and then decided I wanted to do it again...I cut out the worst ones...a few remain...
Anyway, it is with the very poorest tapes that you learn the most...
Not the best listen in the world, but I try to clean the very worst...and this is another tape that was never going to sound great...
Link

Thanks a lot for all the great work you're doing!
ReplyDeleteHey! Thank you in return - it was people like yourself and the Hendrix community who helped me get the stuff in the first place!
ReplyDelete