Friday, 27 January 2017

1968-12-01 Jimi Hendrix Chicago Coliseum [FD Cleanup]




















01 - Intro
02 - Killing Floor
03 - I Don't Live Today
04 - Spanish Castle Magic
05 - Foxy Lady
06 - Red House
07 - Sunshine of Your Love
08 - Voodoo Child
09 - Fire
10 - Purple Haze

Lineage ATM122 FLAC> Adobe Audition (NR, EQ, Comp)> FLAC

Not a lot of room to move with this one - large venue and distant sound, but original was shrill lots of treble - this is cleaner and about as balanced as I could get it.



Link

4 comments:

  1. Thanks FD! A noticeable improvement.
    Any plans to clean up the 2/28/68 re-transfers? http://crosstowntorrents.org/showthread.php?320-Milwaukee-28-II-1968-2nd-transfer-(MASTER)-FIXED

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I did have a shot at them - did a test file - and it didn't sound so different as to be worth it - but I will recheck...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotcha. If memory serves, the 1st show runs a bit slow, and there's a pervasive "bassy-ness" to both shows. Oh well, we're lucky to have these recordings at all, given the number of rarities played

    ReplyDelete