Wednesday, 1 February 2017

Room Full of World Travellers [FD Mashup]



 










I put this together because I always wanted a more Albert Hall like version of Room Full of Mirrors...so I made my own...
I noticed that the World Traveller jam sounded like it was based on Room Full of Mirrors - after some time stretching I put together something of my vision how such a version might have gone down...There are a couple of hiccups (really bad edit at 1:48) - so for interest's sake...

https://mega.nz/#!5t1kDD5K!sYc0idLFw...y6ku9tx131AjUE

Here's another - the version of Crash Landing on PH&A annoys me because of the out of sync vocals - here is a remix of previous version also timestretched to correct pitch, and solo reinserted to make a complete in sync version. I have my suspicions that this one hasn't the original drums but at least it is in time! I've always been fond of this track...

https://mega.nz/#!J5lTgYwZ!T_gftd5Rl...JJKUg9CEJZ5VQg


Here's another - a combination of the best two sections of Lover Man on Tonight Show

https://mega.nz/#!859FFaIR!AEld_-eSe...acR-FGjfvXAKCM

3 comments:

  1. Yes, PH&A version of the Crash Landing is a peculiar one. Did you notice the tempo change (slow-down) after the "And you almost made me leave my faith outside" line? It's a strange (bad?) composite of different basic, vocal and instrumental tracks it seems. I think even Alan Douglas would be ashamed of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only agree! The tempo change stands out to me too...I am still not entirely sure how they put the composite together but they very crudely edited in that solo from a different take which is at a different speed!

      Delete
  2. You know FD, you've made so much stuff over the years that it's hard to give proper attention to everything you've done.
    Just wanted to congratulate you on the nice merge of WT and RFM.
    Yes, the edit at 1.48 is "hearable"(lol) but nevertheless it's a very enjoyable merge. I would leave RFM jam to the end...

    ReplyDelete