The majority of these Red House versions are from completed show "cleanups" - some of which have been released, many of which have not. So besides a representation of Red House as it evolved throughout 1969, it is also a representation of the sound of the "cleanups"...
I didn't touch the 1969-01-09 Stockholm (1st and 2nd Show) which were SBD...I have also left off official stuff, such as RAH.
All AUD cleanups are FLAC sourced, the sources were mostly ATMs - so they are the best circulating, and I tried to find new updates from CTT etc to use best sources possible.
01 - 1969-01-08 Gothenburg (2nd Show) [FD Cleanup]
02 - 1969-01-09 Stockholm (1st Show)[SBD]
03 - 1969-01-09 Stockholm (2nd Show)[SBD]
04 - 1969-01-10 Copenhagen (1st Show) [FD Cleanup]
05 - 1969-01-11 Hamburg (1st Show) [FD Cleanup]
06 - 1969-01-11 Hamburg (2nd Show) [FD Cleanup]
07 - 1969-01-13 Cologne [FD Cleanup]
08 - 1969-01-14 Munster [FD Cleanup]
09 - 1969-01-16 Nuremberg (1st Show) [FD Cleanup]
10 - 1969-01-16 Nuremberg (2nd Show) [FD Cleanup][Cut]
11 - 1969-01-17 Frankfurt (2nd Show) [FD Cleanup]
12 - 1969-01-23 Berlin [FD Cleanup]
Link
I didn't touch the 1969-01-09 Stockholm (1st and 2nd Show) which were SBD...I have also left off official stuff, such as RAH.
All AUD cleanups are FLAC sourced, the sources were mostly ATMs - so they are the best circulating, and I tried to find new updates from CTT etc to use best sources possible.
01 - 1969-01-08 Gothenburg (2nd Show) [FD Cleanup]
02 - 1969-01-09 Stockholm (1st Show)[SBD]
03 - 1969-01-09 Stockholm (2nd Show)[SBD]
04 - 1969-01-10 Copenhagen (1st Show) [FD Cleanup]
05 - 1969-01-11 Hamburg (1st Show) [FD Cleanup]
06 - 1969-01-11 Hamburg (2nd Show) [FD Cleanup]
07 - 1969-01-13 Cologne [FD Cleanup]
08 - 1969-01-14 Munster [FD Cleanup]
09 - 1969-01-16 Nuremberg (1st Show) [FD Cleanup]
10 - 1969-01-16 Nuremberg (2nd Show) [FD Cleanup][Cut]
11 - 1969-01-17 Frankfurt (2nd Show) [FD Cleanup]
12 - 1969-01-23 Berlin [FD Cleanup]
Link

You improved on 'Variations Of A Theme!' - remember that cd? 1 of my faves, now this tape will be!! Only thing is, I try to get your creations on a cd - I don't know if I can split all this up into 80min ea!! I always wondered, I heard back in the 'prison farm' days, the 1 house they reserved for 'conjugal visits' was called 'the red house' - maybe Jimi got the idea from that!! Also, I remember hearing a live Curtis Knight & The Squires song that sounded like Red House 'I got a sweet angel,she knows how to spread her wings...' Anyway, from ALL of us - thankyou,gracias,gratzi,danke,merci,spasibo,arrigato,xia-xia(I think Chinese)& mahalo!!(Hawaiian!)
ReplyDeleteJimiDrJ - yes, I do remember Variations... I bought some of that Hendrix Reference Library when it came out...but as always thanks for your kind words, sorry it has been a while since last update...sometimes things get busy...
DeleteOh joy,rapture! I figured out how to split up the songs & get them onto cds - sumtimes Windows 10 works!!Pls don't forget 1970 - I thot he was playing his best guitar then! So I heard back in the prison farm days, the bldg that the prisoners could have 'conjugal visits' was called 'the red houes'- I wonder if Jimi got the idea there! Back in the 80s I met Billy & he said Jimi called his blues, 'today's blues' which I took for,he was updating the blues with electronics & effects - cool idea anyway!I always thot Jimi was the best blues guitar player ever - other guys might have been better blues singers! Hope to hear eventually Machine Gun,Hey Baby,Voodoo...compilations!!
ReplyDeleteI will get 1970 out soon...in regard to Red House, I am actually not aware of that slang - so I don't know - but it gives it a new perspective! Thanks as always for your kind words - Regards!
DeleteThanks "Funky".
ReplyDeleteRed Houses are always welcome.
You can never get tired of Jimi's blues...
Sorry for delay in reply - been doing other business...
Delete