Friday, 8 January 2021

1970-04-25 LA Forum [FD 3 Source Merge - 2020 Version]













1970-04-25 LA Forum [FD Three Source Merge 2020 Version]

1st, 2nd and 3rd Sources FLAC (from ATMs) - Remerge/Cleanup by Funkydrummer/FD

Track 17 - also uses the fourth source.

01 - Intro 

02 - Spanish Castle Magic 

03 - Foxy Lady 

04 - Lover Man 

05 - Hear My Train A-Comin'

06 - Message To Love 

07 - Ezy Ryder

08 - Machine Gun 

09 - Room Full Of Mirrors 

10 - Hey Baby 

11 - Villanova Junction

12 - Drum Solo

13 - Freedom

14 - Star Spangled Banner

15 - Purple Haze

16 - Voodoo Child (Slight Return)

17 - Preshow Chat and Intro [Fourth Source Merge]

Track 17 can be directly substituted for Track 01 if you want to start with the Fourth Source preshow chat.

The 50th Anniversary of Jimi's death was the inspiration to finally finish this new merge project. I had been messing around with it off and on for quite a period of time. I did try a complete four source merge but with its speed issues, it really got in the way, so I decided to scrap it beyond the preshow chat and intro. The only real problem remains that there is not much in the way of drums in the first few tracks, and the fourth source doesn't help with this, another reason not to use it.

I made a number of mixes to get the balance between the sources as best I could, with the intention of near SBD quality. The hardest part was picking which one to finally let out...I just hope this is the best of them!

Link


 

14 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for this. This is one of my favorite concerts. It's too bad your YT channel was shut down. Don't give up. Greetings from Italy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for all your brilliant work !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Mr. Fubky! Sounds better than my old ATM 130-130 three source merge.
    Keep on groin' and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks FD! This show is a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great! Nothing else can be said. Great!
    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emilovius, nice to see you posting here. Always nice to see some familiarity from the CTT gang.

      Delete
  6. 1970 is my favorite year of Jimi's musically, I'd really love for you to clean up more of those gig's like you did this LA Forum one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear FD, I am your huge fan from your youtube channel Dbalx and I saw today that your last channel again being removed. Can you please infor mme if you open a new one or if the stuff you have uploaded, will be uploaded here or if you can send me through google drive or wetransfer to my email? alxtria@gmail.com . Please, I would love to hear news from you. Please contact me in my email for any answer.
    Cheers!
    Alex Triantafyllou

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy that you finally made it and put out a final mix of LA Forum 1970. Im downloading it immediately! Congratulations! Hope to have more here from you because youtube is always problems, \
    Cheers mate,
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Mr. Funky Drummer, I just wanted to say thank you for all you've done for us Jimi fans, and I appreciate and am grateful for the great memories I have listening to your tapes. Whether or not you decide to continue with the YouTube business, I just want to thank you for that. Thanks a million!

    ReplyDelete
  10. But I want to add onto that, that i don’t want to push your decision either way but I do hope you end up continuing on with YouTube- I truly love your channel and I miss it more now that it’s gone haha. Those damn bastards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The link seems to have expired. Yours is a great merge. Is there any chance of providing another link, please.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My first ever bootleg on vinyl.Had to order it by sending cash in a letter abroad...

    ReplyDelete