Saturday, 18 July 2020

Experiments and Reconstructions [FD Compilation]





















Apologies for not doing anything with the blog for such a long time. Spending a lot of time at FD Reference Library on YT these days. Of course I can't post any of this...so...

Experiments and Reconstructions [FD Compilation]

01 - Nine to the Universe - Earth Blues [1970-05-30 Berkeley Rehearsal]
02 - Power of Soul [1969-12-1819 Baggy's Rehearsals]
03 - Valleys of Neptune [Full Length Merge and Reconstruction]
04 - Jam Back at the House [GS&R Longest Version]
05 - Somewhere [Original Miles Drums]
06 - Bleeding Heart [1969-02-24 RAH Rehearsals]
07 - Villanova Junction [Demo Merge and Studio]
08 - Hey Gypsy Boy
09 - Crash Landing [Remix with Solo]
10 - Easy Blues
11 - Izabella "Take 1"[Gypsy Sun and Rainbows]
12 - Machine Gun [1969-12-1819 Baggy's Rehearsals]
13 - Heaven Has No Sorrow [Demo]
14 - Lonely Avenue [Two Version Merge]
15 - Jam Back At The House Excerpt [1969-08]
16 - Sweet Angel with Vox [Merge]
17 - Burning Desire [Merge with second version end]
18 - Room Full of Mirrors [1969-02-24 RAH Rehearsals]
19 - Getting My Heart Back Together [1969-02-24 RAH Rehearsals]

This series is an attempt to represent the post-1968 material that contended for space in Jimi's ill-fated "First Rays of the New Rising Sun" project. Contention here is obviously hypothetical as it is unlikely that Jimi would have even considered many of these recordings as worthy enough. These are some gems culled into a playlist that broadly reflects the 1969 series of recordings done with Gypsy Sun and Rainbows and the Band of Gypsys. There are attempts to provide full length edits of unreleased work and new perspectives on old work.

Link

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for all your hard work! A fellow fan of your work wants to access your blog. What does he need to do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made it public again. It seems quiet enough around here, I just didn't want any heat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog (thanks to Purple Jim). I'm looking forward to this. I love this kind of stuff. Almost 15 years ago I did a merge of Valleys of Neptune (instrumental and vocal takes) and Send My Love to Linda (starting with the vocal take and going into the full band instrumental). I also edited Mannish Boy from the best sections of the 20+ takes of that song. I widely distributed it to fans via a fan made double CD. Funnily enough Many years later Experience Hendrix released versions of all those tracks literally 'almost' identical to what I'd done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great everything here, thank you very much. ��

    ReplyDelete