Monday, 15 August 2016

The Rolling Stones - Satanic Majesties "Reimagined"





















Having previously remixed some of the Satanic Sessions tracks, I had always wanted to create a "better" TSMR. I have performed various forms of trickery to make this a good continuous listen that also brought back in many of the very interesting instrumentals that were never used...
OK - inclusion of Child of the Moon is contentious - but as they worked on this around the time of TSMR and is on Satanic Sessions, I took the liberty of including - tried to make an acoustic version using vox from studio version - but didn't sound great...so anyway...

Of course I haven't got We Love You here - did have, but I can't remember my logic at the time and I decided to leave it off. I included We Love You (Vocal Extract) in Experiments and Reconstructions...you can really hear the Fabs great backing vox esp on "you will love we too"...anyway, you can insert that in somewhere or replace Child of the Moon.

The playlist was devised as if it was (roughly) two twenty minute sides - Hence Side Two intro.
Here is the (imaginary LP) track list:

Side 1
01 Sing This All Together [Edit]
02 2000 Light Years From Home
03 In Another Land [Remix]
04 5 Part Jam [Part 1] Interlude
05 Dandelion- 5 Part Jam [Part 2]
06 Child of the Moon
07 5 Part Jam [Part 5] Interlude – Gomper [Edit]
08 Sing This All Together [Reprise]

Side 2

09 “Side 2” Intro [Untitled Instrumental]
10 On With The Show
11 5 Part Jam [Part 3] Interlude
12 2000 Man
13 Gold Painted Nails [Interlude]
14 She's A Rainbow
15 Citadel
16 Gold Painted Nails [Edit]
17 The Lantern [Remix]
18 Majesties Honky Tonk [Edit-Outro]

They had all of this at their disposal! And more!



No comments:

Post a Comment