Monday, 15 August 2016

1969-05-25 Jimi Hendrix - San Jose Pop Festival [FD Cleanup]



















"Northern California Folk-Rock Festival" (AKA San Jose Pop Festival)
Family Park, Santa Clara County Fairgrounds, San Jose, California, USA
Sunday 25 May 1969 [FD Cleanup Version]

Complete Show Aud; 2nd Gen - Digitally Restored

Lineage ATM 146 > Adobe Audition (EQ, Comp, NR, Re-edit) > FLAC

01. Intro
02. Hear My Train A Comin'
03. Fire
04. Spanish Castle Magic
05. Red House
06. I Don't Live Today
07. Foxy Lady
08. Purple Haze
09. Medley - Voodoo Child (Slight Return) > Improvisation > Voodoo Child (slight return)
Room Full Of Mirrors > Message To Love > Room Full Of Mirrors > Sunshine Of Your Love > Voodoo Child Reprise

Notes: Vocals are comparatively low in the mix and as someone in the audience screams "turn the mic on" - I suspect that the mic may not have been working all that well during the actual show?

For those who may not have heard the raw tape, this is not great sound quality and I tend to pick shows that are on the poor side for "cleanups" - so don't expect SBD - check the raw source for comparison!

Link

2 comments:

  1. I really appreciate all your work and talent as presented here and over on CTT, as a Jimi fan, a big thank you from Tom in Belgium!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tom for taking the time to comment - appreciate the kind words!

      Delete